Sunday, June 10, 2012

San Diego 1/2 Marathon


Last weekend, David, my brother, and I all ran the San Diego Rock' n' Roll 1/2 marathon. While I have done several halves before, this was David and Matthew's first. ( I don't believe they had run much past 5 miles before they started training). As many of you know, David always said he hated running. I've been able to coax him into a few 5K's before, but nothing longer than that and we had probably only run together a handful of times over the past few years. He's an active guy, but running wasn't really his thing. Well, not so anymore! What started as peer pressure from his female colleagues who basically dared him to run this race with him, turned into a new hobby. It's been so great to be able to run together over the past few months, and apparently I didn't scare him away because he's already talking about the next 1/2 marathon he plans to run. Music to my ears!!!!

A big thank you to my parents who came down to San Diego to watch Abigail during the race! And thanks to my sister-in-law for capturing these shots after the race...    

 Abigail, enjoying my post-race Jamba Juice :)
 

 Hermosa's fit teachers... David with two of his co-workers who pressured him into the race... thanks ladies! I owe you!
 David wrote "I hate peer pressure" on the name portion of his racing bib... in this case, I'm thankful for it!

4 comments:

  1. yea! great job guys! it was so good to see you before :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you and David! I cannot wait to run again once my doc clears me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, you guys! That is so fun.

    ReplyDelete