Friday, March 18, 2011

First Flight



Last weekend, Abigail had her first trip on an airplane. My mom and I flew up to Northern California for the day to attend my cousin Jessica's bridal shower and visit with my grandmother. It was definitely an adventure! All I can say is kudos to those of you who fly alone with your babies... I don't know how you do it! It was hard enough even though I had my mom with me to help. The worst part for sure was the way Abby screamed like she had had a shot for 25 minutes while the plane descended into Oakland... pretty brutal! Apparently, the descent was particularly bad during that flight as the flight attendants said that their ears hurt more than normal... add to that the fact that Abigail had a cold (and now an ear infection) so the poor thing's ears must have been in a ton of pain. Sorry Abby!!!!! Thankfully, the trip home was much smoother and she slept in my arms the whole way. Whew! Thank you Lord!


Abigail in her first little black dress:
Here's the beautiful bride-to-be:

The shower was also a great opportunity for my grandmother and my aunt to spend some time with Abigail. Here's my aunt and my mom... both proud of this little girl.



There were two other little babies at the shower... one was 4 weeks old and the other was 6 weeks old. It was amazing how big Abigail looked next to them! It was also fun to share new mother experiences with these two other young moms.

4 comments:

  1. I love the pictures. Abby looks so adorable in her little black dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. krista love the little black dress.

    Btw you look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abigail is looking more and more like her mama!!

    ReplyDelete