4 Month Stats: 15 lbs 1oz (75%), 24 5/8 in. long (75%)
Her new favorite thing (other than putting everything in her mouth): Grabbing her toes every time she is on her back. This has made diaper changing interesting, but hilarious at the same time.
Her strength in Tummy time... although she rolled over from her stomach to her back at 2 months, she has only done so a few times since... she just doesn't seem interested in rolling over. On her belly these days, she looks all around and tries to scoot forward toward a toy by sticking her bottom up in the air and kicking her feet... she doesn't get anywhere, but it's fun to see her try. We'll be on our toes once she figures out how to move! There will be no stopping her!
Her first trip to the park... David had the week off for spring break so we walked to the park, had a picnic lunch, and tried out the swing and the slide. Sound like a long trip? Nope. 20 min. tops! It was probably more fun for us than her, but I'm sure she'll learn to love the park as she gets bigger.
Books, Books, Books! We've started making reading part of the nap and bedtime routine in addition to random reading throughout the day. I can't tell you how happy this makes me!!!! I love reading to her and it's so exciting to see her reach out to touch the textures in the books or stare intently at the colors on the pages. This was probably one of the things I most looked forward to in becoming a mother and I'm looking forward to sharing my love of reading with Abigail! Pictured below is a wonderful "Peek-a-Boo" book that makes noises... Abigail loves it! (Thanks Grammy!!!)
Go Red Sox! Now that baseball season has started, David has loved dressing Abby in Red Sox gear to root for his team (never mind the fact that the onesies are way too big... 12 mo. size). Now if only the Red Sox could win a few more games...
so cute! i love the update! xo
ReplyDelete4 months already? Time sure flies, huh?! So glad we get to walk through this new season together! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun post! I feel like I'm all caught up on Abby:)
ReplyDeleteOkay, time to bring her out to DC so I can get some more Abby loving!!!
ReplyDeleteYay! She is super cute :) It's such a fun time. I love reading time too-it's a very sweet thing when she'll start requesting books to read and actually pay attention or read along when you sit together :)
ReplyDelete