Friday, February 4, 2011
The desire to protect
More adventures in the life of mommyhood... This week I discovered that Abigail and I both have this yeast infection called Thrush. This showed up as a bad diaper rash for Abigail and pain for me while nursing... Good times! This also means that I transfer it to Abby's mouth so I had to get medicine to give her 4 times a day (her first prescription!) as well as for me. It's so sad because she hates the taste of it so it's hard to give it to her, knowing I have to put her through discomfort even though I know it's for her good. It may seem trivial, but I understand now how as a parent, it hurts to see your child in pain and you want so much to shield her from it. I know there will be pain in life for her, and while I know it will help her grow (and thus I will not rescue her from all of it, but I sure want to!) it breaks my heart just thinking about it. I want to be a shelter for her... A comfort in the storms of life. Yet I want her to run first to Him, THE shelter and comforter. I have now had just a small taste of what he must feel for us... Abundant love and desire for us to run to him in times of trouble and seek comfort in him, yet not only in times of trouble. And the sacrifice of his son... It seems unbearable in every way. I feel a renewed sense of gratitude for his gift and am humbled by the depth of his love for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
love it krista! thanks for sharing. hugs to you both!
ReplyDelete